One of the most consistently exciting tournaments at every Insomnia event, the Team Fortress 2 tournament is back once more! This is an Online Tournament for i42, with i42 tickets up for grabs to the winners!.
You will find links above to all of the sections of information for this tournament, including your matches, teams and admins, as well as a web IRC client below for connecting to the tournament IRC channel!
Tournament News and Schedule
Currently the tournament is scheduled to be run on the Tues 5th April and Weds 6th April beginning at 7pm GMT each night.
The tournament will be played on the Capture Point, Stopwatch, Capture The Flag. The structure will be Single Elimination.
Matches will be played on one map per round until the grand finals where the winner will be decided in a best of 3 maps contest.
Think your up to the challenge? Get signed up!
Sign-ups will be open until 2 hours prior to each competitions start time.
The schedule is as follows:
Tues 5th April:
Round 1: 7pm BST
Round 2: 8pm BST
Round 3: 9pm BST
Weds 6th April:
Round 4: 7pm BST
Round 5: 8pm BST
Grand Finals: Decided by finalists (Can be played at 9pm BST but is Bo3 so reschedule is available)
As always, we are eager to hear your feedback and would like to hear any recommendations/changes you would like to see, so head on over the our IRC channel on Quakenet – #insomnia-tf2
1) Create a Multiplay account if you do not have one: https://www.multiplay.co.uk/account/new – make sure you verify with the Authorisation e-mail!
2) Log in here with your Multiplay Login: http://tournaments.multiplay.co.uk/signups
3) Create a new team in the left hand box with “Not Entered” written in by typing in the name of the team into the box. Click Save in the bottom left. If you already have a team signed up (a friend/team mate has completed this step) then skip to the step below.
4) If you already have a team entered select that team in the right hand box that has “Not Entered” in it. This box is a drop down menu where you will be able to select your team, if previously created. Select your team, click save in the bottom left.
5) You are signed up! Keep regular tabs on the News page as it will come with updates regarding teams, scheduling, match times, delays, news etc.
6) Play some TF2 at the designated times