Before you read these rules, understand the Multiplay Tournament Code of Conduct this has additional rules common to all competitions.
IMPORTANT: This tournament is only played on the EU server. Admins will only be monitoring this server and any games played on other servers may be void and counted as a no show
IRC Channel and In Game ChannelThis tournament largely relies on IRC to convey continuous updates so please ensure you have a copy installed. A popular program is mIRC which can be found at http://www.mirc.com/get.html. Or just use the web client on the tournament home page.
Channel: #insomnia-sc2 Please be patient when waiting for a reply as admins may be either in a game/dealing with other issues.
In Game Channel: We are using the in game chat channel “Multiplay2v2″ for your use should if you have any issues in game. Please join this regardless as it helps players find each other in game.
To join this in game channel type the name of the channel in the box at the bottom of your friends list in the Starcraft 2 user interface, the admins will be present here if you have any questions. Also this is where our casters will reside (if any) and if you are asked to wait for a caster to commentate your game you must comply.
The tournament will be a group stage, and the top 2 teams from each group will proceed into the double elimination style bracket.
- Group Stage Game 1 : TBD
- Group Stage Game 2 : TBD
- Group Stage Game 3 : TBD
- Double Elimination Stage 1 : TBD
- Double Elimination Stage 2 : TBD
- Double Elimination Stage 3 : TBD
- Double Elimination Stage 4 : TBD
- Double Elimination Stage 5 : TBD
- Grand Final : TBD
Map SettingsSettings – All Games
1. Category = Melee
2. Mode = 2v2
3. Game Speed = Faster
Which map is played?
- First map is determined by the round you are playing in. It will show on the Binary Beast tournament page and will be on a rotation (The map list order shown above). The loser of the previous map will ALWAYS choose the next map. (Example – Team A lost map 1 so Team A gets to choose map 2. Team A wins map 2 and so Team B gets to choose map 3).
Maps are never to be repeated in the same set.
- Cheat, Multiaccount, Ghost an online stream.
- Flame, Whine, Abuse players admins or casters
- Play the same map in a series more than one time
- Players who cause long delays by going afk may possibly be removed from a running tournament. The active admin can take this decision when a match delays the progress of the whole tournament.
- Report the game after it is finished. Winner and loser both have to report so we can confirm 100% the scores.
- Check in shortly before the tournament begins.
- Save all replays.
- Add your Blizzard IDs to our system prior to the tournament beginning (see signup guide). Any player who does not have their code entered may be subject to removal. This is how you find your opponents and how we seed everyone.
Don’t be late!
- Being late for 15 minutes will result in a 1 map default loss. Being late for 30 mins means you lose 2-0. ALWAYS tell an admin before you register this score as late players might have a valid reason previously revealed to the admins.
- Sanctioned Referees / Gamecasters are always allowed.
- Follow instructions of the admins and streamers in chat.