Before you read these rules, understand the Multiplay Tournament Code of Conduct this has additional rules common to all competitions. Signing up to the tournament confirms that you accept these terms.
IRC ChannelThis tournament largely relies on IRC to convey continuous updates. On the tournament homepage for this game you will find a Web IRC that you can use to contact other teams and admins during the tournament.
One member of your team must be connected to IRC while you are playing in the tournament. The IRC channel will be used to communicate with all teams in the tournament, please make sure you read the channel frequently.
- Server: Quakenet
- Channel: #insomnia-shootmania
- Team registration must be complete by midnight on Wednesday 22nd August 2012 in order to allow for more accurate seeding. Teams not signed up by this time will not be guaranteed a place in the tournament.
- Each team must have a minimum of 3 players signed up before they will be classed as a team, there is no upper limit of players per team.
- Players must have a fully paid booking as a BYOC Participant to enter this tournament.
- Signing up as a participant to the event does not guarantee you a place in the tournament.
- Players who do not signup either online or on-site by the alloted time will not be allowed to compete.
The tournament will be played on the ShootMania Elite gametype. The structure will be Group Stages followed by Elimination.
Matches will be played on one map per round. The elimination stages require a best of three maps to decide the winner.
All maps must be played on our tournament servers.
- team_pointslimit: 6
- team_maxpoints: 8
- Both teams have the right to choose their own attack order (which player attacks 1st, 2nd and 3rd for his/her team).
- Each team has the right to warmup. As soon as the team members are ready, the give notice of this in chat and press the Ready Button (F6). The players have at maximum the given Countdown in order to put themselves in Ready position. If the game starts automatically, it can be restart only through agreement of both sides.
Ranking and Promotion
- Teams receive 3 ranking points for a victory and 0 ranking points for a loss in the group stages.
- At the end of the group stages the top X teams (depending on sign up leveles) in the group will enter into the elimination stages of the prize-winning bracket. This may be double or single elimination depending on time constraints.
- Substitutes can only be used if they have signed up to the tournament and are listed as one of the members for that team. Spot checks on players will take place and no ‘mercs’ will be permitted as directed in the i-Series Tournament Code of Conduct, unless agreed with the other team.
- Round restarts can only occur at the start of a map if there is a player crash or server problem, and no players have been killed.
- Anything other then the standard MALE skins are not allowed.
- If a player drops from the server through no fault of their own, they are free to rejoin as soon as possible. If they have not rejoined after 5 minutes they start losing rounds at a rate of one round per 2 minutes.
Use of voice communication software is acceptable, either with the use of the in-game comms, or utilities such as Ventrillo, Teamspeak, Mumble, Skype etc.
The following maps will be used throughout the competition. Each map played will be selected beforehand by our Tournament System. The map list is as follows:
- The Castle
Which map is played?
For BO1 (Group stages) each map is pre selected by the tournament system, and that is the map that must be played.
For BO3 (Elimination stages) the map must be decided by VETO. Team A is the “home” or “first listed” team on the tournament system. B is the other team.
Maps will be eliminated from the map list for the next match in the following order:
Then 3 maps will remain for the match. Team B chooses the first map to be played, team A choose the second map to be played, and if required the final map left is played last. This Veto will occur in the grand final also.
Match Scheduling and Server Crashes
Starting your match
A team must have all the members it intends to field in the server 5 minutes before the scheduled start time of the match. If a match is still in progress on your allocated server, await authorisation from an admin before joining the server.
If any team fails to provide 3 players, 15 minutes after the scheduled match start, the map will be forfeit and the opposing team will be awarded the win. If the match is a best of 3, the second map will be defaulted after a futher 15 minutes of not showing up.
The only acceptable excuses for missing the scheduled start of a match are:
- Network failure
- Server failure
- Power failure
- Waiting on previous game to finish on the server
Any problems that stop players from starting a match on time should be reported as soon as possible to the admins to avoid delaying the tournament.
If a previous match over runs
The admins will advise you of when your match will be played and which server will be used. If you are involved in a match that may over run you must advise the admins straight away.
In the event of a server crash, the server will be restarted and the teams will allow each other to score up to match the scoreboard of before the crash. The same player order must be used for attcking.
In the event a server continually crashes the admin will advise you on the procedure and may require you to move to a different server to complete the game.
Cheating & Exploits
All forms of cheating are strictly prohibited – any player found to be cheating will be dealt with in accordance to the Insomnia Tournament Code of Conduct
- No spectators of any kind will be allowed in game other than any designated admin for that game.
Tournament servers may have passwords assigned. If this is the case, to connect to the servers, follow the IP with the password when connecting via the console. You can find out the password from the tournament staff and in irc on the day of the tournament.
Screenshots of the result are a requirement. If neither team can prove the result with screenshots if asked, both teams will get a default loss. If the game does not allow the taking of a screenshot, then third part applications purely to take screenshots may be used as long as it does not affect the textures or otherwise affect the game to give any advantage. FRAPS for example is permitted.