SOCIAL COMPETITIONS & COMPETITIONS
- Persons who cause any damage to the venue, our property or third party property, whether deliberate or accidental, while at the event will be liable for the cost of repair or replacement of the items.
- We don’t exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors OR for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- In the event that any part of these terms and conditions are held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provisions will be severed and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in a waiver of such right. You may not assign or transfer your rights under these terms and conditions.
- English law applies to these terms and conditions and any dispute between us arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions will only be dealt with by the English courts, unless you are resident in another part of the United Kingdom, in which case the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will apply and any dispute will be brought before the courts there.
- We reserve the right to terminate your access to this Site and any use of Our online services at any time with or without cause or notice.
- Player1 Events reserve the right to add to or amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments will take effect when posted on the official event website & social media channels. Please check the FAQs section regularly for changes and to ensure you have up to date information as these are binding on you. If you purchase a ticket after any amendment to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the updated version of these Terms.
- We reserve the right to transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another company within our corporate group. We will publish notice of any such transfer on our website(s) and may, but are not required to, notify you of such transfer via email.
- We may run competitions from time to time on our social media accounts or for those who have purchased tickets to our events. Where we run those competitions, these terms and conditions will apply.
- To qualify for the draw, each entrant must follow the instructions in the specific social post/competition notification.
- All entrants must be 18 years old or over, or have permission from their parent or guardian to enter the competition.
- For a ‘like’ and ‘share’ competition the entrant must ‘like’ the post and then share on his/her wall before the specified deadline to qualify for entry. Only a ‘share’ that can be seen by the date of the event will qualify.
- Each person is only entitled to one entry.
- The competition closing date is final and no further entries after this date and time will be counted.
- The winner will be picked at random from among the eligible entries.
- The winner will be contacted by a member of the Player1 Events staff within 28 day of the competition closing.
- The winner must claim the prize within 7 days of notification and provide Player1 Events with full name, email address and postal address.
- The winning prize is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Any staff employed by GAME Digital Group are not able or eligible to win.
- Our end of event feedback survey closes at11:59PM on Tuesday 10th April, and we’ll notify the prize winner before the end of 13th April
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE INSOMNIA65 VIVE PRIZE DRAW
- ACCEPTANCE: By entering this prize draw, you agree you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the prize draw at www.game.co.uk/terms. We suggest that you keep a copy of these terms for your own records.
- ELIGIBILITY: You may enter this prize draw if you area resident of the UK excluding Northern Ireland If you are under the age of 16, you must have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter this prize draw and we reserve the right to ask for proof of that consent – if proof of that consent cannot be provided, you will not be eligible to win a prize. You are not eligible to enter this prize draw if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of GAME or GAME Esports and Events Limited, or any of their advertising or promotion agencies. The details you provide upon registration for the prize draw must match the details associated with your Insomnia 65 SEE Ticket purchase. You promise that all the personal information you provide to GAMEin connection with this prize draw shall be complete and accurate.
- HOW TO ENTER: You will be automatically entered into the prize draw by purchasing any Insomnia65 Day, Weekend, BYOC ticket(s) (“I65 Ticket”)
You do not have to pay to enter, other than the usual purchasing price of any I65 Ticket. You promise that your entry is original and owned by you, and you have not borrowed or copied it (in whole or in part) from anyone else or asked anyone to participate on your behalf.
- INVALID ENTRIES: We only permit one entry per I65 Ticket order (for the avoidance of doubt if your I65 Ticket Order comprises more than one ticket, you are only permitted one prize draw entry). Any subsequent new entries will be void. Any entry made or attempted to be made to the prize drawin a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other participantswill be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the prize draw. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person, cheating (including a person participating in the prize drawon your behalf), hacking, deception (including tampering with the challenge settings which will result in immediate disqualification from the entire prize draw), use of robots or other automated programmes. We will not accept illegible or incomplete entries.
- STARTING AND CLOSING DATES: You can only enter the prize drawup to 23:59 Fri 2ndAugust 2019. You will automatically be entered into the draw if you have purchased an I65 Ticket prior to this date, from when tickets went on sale on 30 May 2019. Entries made outside of these periods will not be entered into the prize draw (“Prize Draw Period”)
- PRIZE:One winner will receive:
- One HTC Vive Pro Headset
We may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. A cash alternative is not available. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and the winners will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on their prize.
- OWNERSHIP OF YOUR ENTRY: You own your entry, including any copyright in your entry. By entering the prize draw, you agree that GAME(including our group and affiliate companies) may edit, publish and use your entry in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes, both during and after the prize draw, without any payment to you.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERSOne winner will be selected at random within three days of the closing date by 17:00 Monday 5th August 2019 from all eligible entries made during the prize draw period. Your chances of winning depend on the number of entries we receive.
We will notify the winners no later than four days after the closing date via the contact details provided at point of order to SEE tickets (email and or telephone number). We may ask the winners to submit valid identification before we send you the prize. Winners must claim their prize at the show, or within 30 days of the show from notification or an alternative winner will be selected using the method described above.
- DELIVERY OF PRIZE: The prize winner should collect their prize at the show, or we will deliver the prize to the winner by post within 30 days of the show.
- LIST OF WINNERS: You may request the last name and county of the major prize winners by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: INSOMNIA65 VIVE PRIZE DRAWprize draw, Game Retail Limited, Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ. If you are a winner, we will disclose your last name and the county you live in to anyone who requests this information, unless you notify us when you claim your prize that you do not want us to disclose this information.
- FINAL DECISION: Our decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winners of this prize draw.
- CONSENT TO USE NAME AND IMAGE: We may require the winners to participate in publicity or advertising. By entering this prize draw, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
- OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of £100. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this prize draw.
- WHAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR:We are not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach or negligence
- indirect losses – these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this prize draw
- entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, delay, damage or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control
- technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control, or
- any failure to provide the prize draw, the prize(s) or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arise because of events outside of our reasonable control.
- LIABILITY OF THIRD PARTIES: You acknowledge that the prize may be fulfilled by a third party not related to GAME.We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this prize draw or the provision of the prizes and will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party’s failure.Third party terms may apply to prizes details of which can be provided upon request.
- DISPUTES: If you wish to take court proceedings against GAME you must do so within the United Kingdom. The law of the part of the United Kingdom of which you are a resident shall apply, for example, if you live in England the laws of England shall apply and if you live in Scotland the laws of Scotland shall apply.
- DETAILS OF PROMOTER: This prize draw is run by GAME Esports & Events Limited, for Insomnia Gaming Festival, on behalf of Game Retail Limited (“GAME”) a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered address is Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ. References to “we” and “us” in these terms and conditions are references to GAME.